The Selex ES Enhanced Personal Role Radio (EZPRR) significantly enhances combat effectiveness by providing all informed communications to front line soldiers, replacing traditional methods based on hand signals and shouting.
Users on active service have described the introduction of the PRR as having a profound effect on the operational effectiveness of infantry.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Today’s theatre of war is a dynamic asymmetric battlespace, with forces on the ground often involved in simultaneous operations and with an increased emphasis on urban warfare. The EZPRR builds on that operational success, enhancing vital performance features. In its turn, the EZPRR is now operationally proven.
The EZPRR uses advanced 2.4GHz spread spectrum technology innovatively packaged to meet the demanding needs of the soldier.
The EZPRR system is easy to use through its simple humanmachine interface, is unobtrusive and comfortable to wear yet is rugged enough to sustain the harshest environments presented by active front line operations.
• Simple to use
• Compact and lightweight design
• 100mW transmit power using Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Modulation at 2.4GHz
• Typical operating range is 800m in open terrain, and through three floors of a building
• Wireless Press-To-Talk with up to 2m range
• 256 channels, 16 available directly to the user
• Operates from 2 x AA batteries for greater than 24 hours (1:7:16 Tx/Rx/Standby)
• Operates independently of any infrastructure
• NBC compatible
• Audio interface for concurrent combat radio operation
The use of EZPRR within infantry units greatly enhances all aspects of dismounted combat. Operations are much slicker, more effectively applied, better co-ordinated and safer. Key improvement areas are:
• Increased tempo of operations
• Improved situational awareness
• Improved targeting and direction of fire
• Element of surprise maintained, particularly in urban operations
• Improved survivability: reduced friendly fire
• Quicker briefings
• Better/quicker re-supply operations
• Better resource visibility
EZPRR ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
• Extended range
• Enhanced antenna
• Goose neck antenna
• Data enabled
• Rebroadcast station
• Base station for Command & Control posts
• Special-to-purpose ancillaries