Designed using leading technology and materials, Dräger’s range of heavy-duty airline apparatus is ideal for use where an extended duration of breathing air is called for. Chemical tank cleaning, toxic spillages or certain tasks when working on offshore installations are all made easier and more comfortable when using the Dräger PAS® AirPack 1.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Increased Freedom of Movement
Uninterrupted air supply is provided by the trolley-mounted cylinder(s) to the wearer via a hose reel. As the AirPack can be easily re-located and therefore positioned in a safe zone which is in close proximity to working area, the user need only wear a lightweight harness, such as Dräger’s PAS Colt, during operation. This allows the wearer a greater freedom of move- ment, and less stress and fatigue than they would be subjected to if wearing a conventional self contained breathing apparatus unit.
A well thought trough system
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 is able to accommodate up to four compressed air cylinders of up to 12 litres in capacity and is constructed from an anti-static powder coated steel material.
A 50 metre length of hose is supplied with the AirPack 1 as standard, this can be extended to a length of 100 metres with a range of extension hoses. The trolley hose reel connector is protected with a cover to minimise inadvertent damage being caused.
The hose reel is equipped with a winding handle to allow the hose to be easily re-wound onto the reel after use. Outgoing hose distribution is also controlled with a braking system in order to prevent unnecessary unwinding and potential entanglement.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 benefits from the world renowned, tried and tested, pneumatics system used on Dräger’s successful PSS range of compressed air breathing apparatus. The system incorporates a safety pressure relief valve and the pressure reducer is shrouded in a protective plate for additional safety.
The Airpack has been ergonomically designed to facilitate ease of operation, general handling and mobility.
The Module comprises of:
– Robust welded durable steel frame coated, for corrosion protection, with a tough black anti-static polymeric powder coating.
– Stainless steel fittings.
The Dräger AirPack 1 Trolley module incorporates the following pneumatic elements;
– Pressure reducer suitable for connecting breathable quality air at an input pressure of either 200 or 300 bar.
– Pressure reducer suitable for supplying breathable quality air at an outlet medium pressure of 8bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar)
– Vent valves, to allow for the indepen- dent charging if an individual cylinder.
– High Pressure (HP) gauge, indicating cylinder pressure.
– Medium Pressure (MP) gauge, indicating cascade system or ring main pressure.
– Pressure relief valve, to relieve medium pressure from air hoses.
– Whistle Warning Unit – High pressure (HPWWU), indicating cylinder pressure to a volume of approximately 55 bar
– Whistle Warning Unit – Medium pressure (MPWWU) for use with independent air line source. Indicating cascade system or ring main pressure at approximately 4.5 bar.
The high performance pressure reducer assembly of the Dräger AirPack 1 is incorporated in the main pneumatic manifold assembly located behind the control panel. Functioning at inlet pressures of 200 or 300 bar the reducer provides a controlled outlet operating medium bar-pressure supply of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar). A pressure relief valve, incorporated into the manifold, ensures that any ‘over pressure’ (possible failure of the reducer) will not enter the medium- pressure airline system.