At a weight of slightly above 500g it is lighter than any other binoculars in its category. Absolute weight is one measure, but also how weight is placed on a helmet is even more important. This is why the DTNVG is designed so that it folds onto a helmet to give an optimal centre of gravity, providing less strain to the neck while stored.
The DTNVG uses advanced solid-state technology to control all aspects of the binoculars operations. In selecting advanced technology, it allows an expanded feature set with higher reliability and reduced power consumption to extend mission time. In addition, many features were added to the DTNVG to simplify the operations by the user, with individual sideways ON/OFF for each eyepiece and Flip-Up ON/OFF when folded up preventing green back splash on the helmet in a folded-up position.
To complete the DTNVGs feature it incorporates built-in IR LED for close quarter missions with separate IR-on indicator and Low battery indication in the field of view.
- Meeting the toughest mission standards, the DTNVG is built to MIL-STD-810G and can be used in submersible operations to 20M (66)
- The whole DTNVG is controlled by just one central pull switch in the front of the device. Functions are ON/OFF, IR-ON momentary, IR-ON steady (pull).
- Two versions of the DTNVG are available to choose from. This version utilizes AN/AVS also known as ANVIS aviation lenses (no aviation coating!) for superior image quality and weight reduction, the other version utilizes PVS-14 objectives, offering compatibility to all PVS-14 accessories.
- Power source is a single CR123A battery for longer battery run time, but can also be powered by an AA battery using an adapter.
- The DTNVG uses standard MX-10160 tubes which allows it to adopt tubes from different manufacturers. It is also compatible with MX-11769 tubes.
· Manufacturer: ACTinBlack Luxembourg
· Weight: 528g
· Finish: Matte Black, Corrosion Resistant
· Fibre re-enforces polycarbonate body
· Adaptable mounting solutions
· Flip-Up On-Off
· Side Flip-Up On-Off
· Built-in IR LED with “IR-on” indicator in FOV
· Low battery indicator in FOV
· Waterproof: 20m for two hours
· Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
· Gate: Autogated available in the options
· Tube datasheet: Yes
· Magnification: 1X
· FOV: 40º
· Objective Lens: F/1.2
· Ocular Lens: EFL 26mm
· Diopter: +2 to -6
· Focus: 25cm to Infinity
· Power: One (1) Lithium CR123 or AA Battery (adapter required)
· Battery Life: Approx. 25 Hours at Room Temp. (CR123A)
INCLUDED: 2x Eye Cup, Hard Case, Lens Tissue, Day Filter Cover, 2x Sacrificial Window, 2x Demist Shield, Operators Manual, Battery, Battery Adapter, Neck Cord