The Armasight Helios HD is a family of Thermal Imaging bi-oculars with professional 75mm and 100mm Germanium (Ge) objective lenses. The bi-ocular design is better for sustained viewing periods and improved depth perception. The Helios HD product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core technology, and includes a variety of different models, each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art capabilities for a variety of uses and missions. The Helios HD is a solid-state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and nighttime missions. Helios HD Thermal Imaging bi-oculars are characterized by their simple but intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. The Helios HD has the ability to record imagery and is equipped with video-out capabilities. The Helios HD Thermal Imaging bi-ocular represents one of the most sophisticated devices for longrange observation on the market today, due to its superior price-to-performance value.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Heliosmodels allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Heliosmodels employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- 75mm or 100mm Objective Germanium Lens Options
- Easy and intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Information-Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color Modes
- Extended Operation Time with Optional External Battery Power Supply
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- Refresh Rate: 9, 30 Hz or 60 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC/PAL): 5.3x / 6.3x
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format: 336×256
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format: 800x600
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Digital Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)
- Video Recording: Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control : Wireless
- Objective Focal Length: 75 or 100 mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1
- Field of View (ang.): 4.3° x 3.2°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 14 mm
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Focus Method: Manual
- Focusing Range: 5m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment: Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5 diopter
- Battery: Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F): up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)
- Extended Battery Pack: Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), or four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hrs)
- External Power Supply: 6 VDC/ 600mА
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)
- Recoil Resistance: 700 g
- Environmental Rating: Water and Fog-Resistant
- Overall Dimensions: 277 × 102 × 100 mm (10.9 × 4.0 × 3.9 in)
- Weight: (w/o Batteries) 1.28 kg (2.8 lbs)
- Warranty: 3 years
- Warranty on FLIR detector: 10 years
Video Cable Battery Cassette
Soft carrying Case
Two Lithium Battery CR123A
Instruction Manual with Warranty Card
AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control) #94
Picatinny adaptor for AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control)