The Police Gyrocopter is well suited for Police duties. Its long endurance and ability to fly low and slow, its safety profile and easy handling characteristics combined with the low investment and operating costs and its low CO2 and noise footprint make it a perfect aircraft for various Air operations.
The tasks of the Police are many and very diverse. They range from traffic control to crowd control. From keeping an eye on the neighbourhood to apprehending criminals. From being visible to being invisible. For (assistance with) some of these tasks highly sophisticated airborne platforms such as helicopters like the EC135 are in use. Sometimes it’s necessary to use these very expensive machines but quite often it’s not.
The Autogyro can perform:
- Traffic control and observation
- Crowd surveillance and observation
- Area control and surveillance like Infra Red Search for drugs fields
Aircraft and specifically Rotorcraft are often used in Police Operations. Helicopters are often used in the Surveillance or Air Support role and because of the cost involved they are often a scarce asset.
The Police Autogyro can be a good and cheaper alternative. Its range, endurance and agility makes it suitable for tasks like Recce and Radio/Imagery Relay and good training equipment for other tasks. For example, there is no reason to use a helicopter for training. An Autogyro with the proper equipment can do the tasks just as good, and much cheaper.
Why use one or two expensive helicopters if you can have10+ Autogyro's instead?
- Two seat autogyro
- Frontseat with windshield for passenger
- Airframework in high-grade stainless steel, electropolished
- Aluminum rotor system Naca 8H12 8,4m
- Rotax 912 ULS with 100 HP or 914 UL Turbo with 115 HP
- Gearbox with integrated slipper clutch
- Exhaust system high-grade steel
- Carburetor anti icing preheat
- Propeller HTC 3B CW172,5
- Trip and altimeter
- Engine and rotor speed
- Oil and cylinder head temperature
- Oil pressure
- Hour (Hobbs) meter
- Pneumatic pitch trim and rotor brake
- Pneumatic PreRotator with safety interlock
- Hydraulic man wheel brake with lock
- Polypropylene tank, capacity 34 litre
- Rotor tie down bag
- All GRP components painted
- Color choice in accordance with palette – either standard or special colours
- Fully finished, flight tested, and ready to fly
- Length x width x height:5,1 m x 1,9 m (1,6m) x 2,7 m
- Rotor diameter:8.0 m or 8.4 m
- Cruising speed:160 km/h
- Maximum speed:185 km/h
- Rate of climb:4 m/s
- Max takeoff weight:450 / 560 kg
- Engine:Rotax 912 ULS (100 hp) or Rotax 914 UL2 (Turbo with 115 hp),the two engines, (reduction gearbox 1:2,43)
- Air box for Rotax 912 ULS
- Air scoops inclusive second radiator (for Rotax 912/914)
- Second electric fuel pump for Rotax 912 ULS
- Auxiliary tank 34l right
- Variable-pitch propeller IVO DL3-68 “3 sheet, 172 cm, switching position (in accordance with noise measurement) from 18 to 28 degrees, with electrical adjustment
Choice of 3 rotor systems made of aviation aluminum Naca 8H12
- Standard rotor with 8,4m diameter (basic equipment)
- Sport rotor with 8,0m diameter (more agile handling)
- Cruise rotor with 8,4m diameter (for long-distance cruise, medium speed)
All composite parts (enclosure, tail unit, rudder, seat, suspension bow, wheel spats, air scoops) are painted to customer colour specification:
- Standard colors are: yellow/red/white
- Metallics standards (with surcharge) aqua blue and silver
- Special colours from industry colour cards (pearlescent or metallic), two colour lacquer finishes or special lacquer finishes are also available with a surchage
- ELT automatic radio beacon.
- Filser radio ATR500 with wiring harness to both seats.
- Integral antenna in the tail unit or alternatively (with carbon composites) whip antenna on the nose or under enclosure
- Transponder TRT800 complete with antenna
- LT-automatic radio beacon ACK
- Card compass in place of standard compass (surcharge)
School equipment / instructor options
- Flight instructor set 1 rear seat throttle
- Flight instructor set 2 rear seat airspeed indicator km/h or mph
- Flight instructor set 3 rear seat wheel brake.
- Flight instructor set 4 rear seat Engine kill switches and trim
- Landing lights (2x50W) inclusive wiring harness
- Landing lights LED (2x2,5 W) inclusive wiring harness
- Strobe and navigation lights with 2 flash strobe sequence inclusive controller
- Strobe and navigation light LED inclusive controller
- GPS cockpit variants (contained in basic equipment) ready for the installation of a AvMap EKP IV or GPSmap 296/496 or Flymap L (GPS equipment, bay, antenna and cables are not contained and must ordered separately)
- Tank fuel level inclusive tank sender.
- Rate of climb indicator (VSI or variometer) 80 and/or 57 mm, m/s or fpm
- Genesis battery 13Ah inclusive of mounting plate
- Plug socket 12V in front/in the back
- Gerbing heating automatic controller 12V single or dual for Gerbing clothes
- Upholstered sport seat cushions in place of standard cushi